eCard Samples & Tips — Anniversary eCards
The History of Boss's Day
Boss's Day is celebrated every year on October 16th. If it falls on a weekend, it is celebrated on either Friday or Monday.
Patricia Haroski of the United States, created National Boss Day in 1958 in honor of her father. She felt he was an exemplary boss and the date of the holiday, October 16th, was her father's birthday. National Boss Day has become an international celebration and is now observed in countries such as South Africa, England, and Australia.
Ideas for Boss's Day Gift Giving
Many people have trouble deciding whether a gift or a card is appropriate for Boss's day. It's a tough call. Think of your boss's personality (their likes and dislikes) and whether a gift would seem over indulgent or completely appropriate.
- Think of the impression you want to make and keep your budget within reason
- Consider your colleagues -- you might want to all pull together for a gift
- Think of your boss. Are they practical or eccentric? Do they have any favorite hobbies?
- Consider a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant, Book Store, Concert Hall, Theatre, Sports Arena, Resort and Spa etc.
- Have each person in the department sign a poster and have them list one quality they admire about their boss. Have it framed.
- Fill their office with Balloons
- Do something for them that you know they have to do but they really dislike
Be creative! But, make sure your boss wouldn't be offended or embarrassed by what you have planned.
CorpNote - eCards, Online Invitations and Online Surveys for Business
P.O. Box 565 | Fountainville, PA 18923 | 609-406-1665 | Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm Eastern
©2004 - 2018 CorpNote.com