Tutorials - Invitation Manager - Create an Event
You will need to create an Easy RSVP event before you can send an invitation eCard. This enables you to fully utilize all of our invitation management features such as our invitation list and our guest list to keep track of responses.
Create your event in 3 easy steps!
Step 1. In the navigation, go to Invitations > Create an Event.
Step 2. Provide your event information. The only required fields to create an event are event name, date and time
Step 3. Provide optional information to best help you and your guests with the event details.
Event end date and time. This is helpful if your event has a specific end time or the event lasts for more than one day.
- Event location. This information will be included on the event response confirmation your guests receive. Consider using a map link with additional instructions such as where to park or what to do when your guests enter the building.
- The 'Maybe' response option. If you want your guests to be able to respond 'maybe,' select
for the 'Enable the maybe response option.' If they respond 'maybe,' they can respond either yes or no at a later date.
- Require your attendees to provide an email address and/or company name.
- Limit the number of guests they can bring by selecting from 0-12 guests
- Questions for your Guests. You can ask 2 multiple choice questions, such as meal choice or age range.
- Special text that can appear above the comments box. For example: Do
you have any dietary restrictions? The default text
they will see is 'Additional Comments.'
- Confirmation Message. You can provide additional event information after their response has been recorded.
- Receive an Email Notice When Someone Responds.
The default is to not receive an email; but, you can select whether you want to receive an email every time you get a response or only once per day when someone responds. The advantage of the first option is that the email will contain the full details of the response. The second choice might be a better option for larger guest lists.
- RSVP Dates. If you want people to respond
by a particular date ('RSVP By'), this date will display on
invitation. You can also set an RSVP cut off date which prevents people from signing up after that date.
- Attendee Limit. If you have a limit to the number of attendees you want to attend, you can set that limit which prevents people from signing up once you reach that number. You can also provide a custom message that will display when people sign up for the event after it has been closed due to the attendee limit.
Manager - Modify or Delete an Event
In the navigation, go to Invitations > Manage Events. Click the appropriate button to the right of your
event. (See example)
From this screen, you can also view your invitation list and get the optional direct link information for your event.
- If you modify an event, your changes will be seen on any new eCards you create. eCards that you have previously sent cannot be edited; but, when any eCard recipient clicks to RSVP from your eCard, they will see your changed event information on the RSVP screen.
- Warning: If you delete an event, the event and all responses for that event will be permanently deleted.
If you need additional help, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions or complete our Priority Email Support Form.